1. Oracle Software 220.127.116.11 should already installed on the server. (refer below url for step by step)
2. ASM Instance should already be created & configured and should be up and running.
VMWare Virtual Node – 2 CPU, 1024 MB
Host Operating System – Windows XP Professional SP 3
Guest Operating System – Oracle Enterprise Linux 4 (Update 5)
Oracle RDBMS – 18.104.22.168
Oracle ASM Instance – 22.214.171.124
1. Run DBCA from a terminal login as Oracle user. You can use PUTTY from a HOST System as well by setting the DISPLAY for x-windows.
Select -> Create Database
2. Select General Purpose, as this is just for testing purpose I want to use all the features of Oracle 11g and as well with the Example schemas. Real time i would prefer to create a seed database which would be CUSTOM DATABASE.
5. I prefer to use same password (Just for testing Purpose and easy to remember)
I have my new Oracle 11g database with ASM as storage, and what all remained is i need to test the new features of Oracle 11g and to gain hands on - and plan to give Oracle 11g Upgrade for Administrators.
Wish me luck - Ravi Prakash